Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What Have I DONE!!!

Man oh Man...

I found this new website that downloads blog templates...trouble! Who am I kidding that this would be an easy task for a not so savvy computer girl! I downloaded this cute new pink scrolly flowery template saved it in blogger and BAM a new template. It looked great until I realized that all of my page elements were GONE! Never to be found by me! So I have spent that last hour re-doing my blog, adding links and song lists and blog counters. Now my blog counter is at zero again. I don't like that. It was fun to see how many blog friends have visited. It was getting to be a somewhat big number. I liked that. I wasn't going to post because quite frankly I was tired of the blog thing today. But then I remembered that I needed to post my salad recipe and I have a proud Mom moment to tell you about.


First the Salad. It is called Cabbage Taco Salad.
1 head of cabbage-chopped( when I am in a hurry I use the bagged cabbage)
1 bunch of cilantro-leaves only chopped
1 medium red onion-diced
1 small can of mexican corn-drained
1-2 cups of mexican cheese in bag
1/2 bag of your favorite tortilla chips-crushed
1 Tbls. of cumin
1-2 Tbls. fresh lime juice
1 jar of ranch dressing( I like to make mine from scratch when I have the time)
Toss the first 6 ingredients in large salad bowl
Mix together cumin, lime juice and ranch dressing at least a half hour before serving salad. Toss with salad mixture about 5 minutes before serving to let the cabbage soften a tad and the flavors to all come together.
I have taken this to many of potlucks. I also like to add grilled chicken to make it a main course. I promise you your guests will eat this one up. I never have leftovers of this salad.


Now my proud Mom moment. Some of you may think this is just silly. Some of you may think no big deal but in the Gurzi household this is HUGE!
I only wish that I had a before and after photo to get the full picture of the situation.
Makenna has an issue with keeping her room clean as do most 14 year olds. I know this only because all of us parents talk. This is one issue that we all bring up and realize they are all the same. We go round and round with her about this. Ed will go to the mat on it. I have come to an understanding that it is alright to close the door. That way I can pretend it really isn't as bad as I thought. We decided that she needs to have it clean before the weekend in order to do what she wants on the weekends. Now I will admit we have forgotten sometimes and we go up there and enter at our own risk and then kick ourselves all the way down the stairs. She had juped us again! Ugh!
This week was another story. She had piles upon piles of laundry. I don't even know how she had anything left to wear. But she did. She did laundry all weekend. But what was happening was it was piling up all over her floor and I just knew that all those clean clothes would end up in the laundry basket not to ever be worn. I told her she absolutely had to get them folded and put away. Here is the proud moment...only once did i have to tell and her and look here is her room absolutely nothing on the floor. I opened drawers and closets because I was just astonished. Clean clothes folded put away and hung up! Say it isn't so. So I had to take a picture.


Although her bed is unmade.You can see a floor and the trash basket is EMPTY! A very proud moment! It really doesn't take much to make me happy!


Here is another easy project done with our "Sunshine" line. I love these projects that take no time at all and add so much color and fun to your home!


Thanks for taking the time to read about my Mom moment. It was a little wordy. I just had to put it in writing though.
Enjoy your day
Ciao

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! Good job mom!!

susan said...

That would make me so happy too. Good job, mom.

I'm sorry about starting over on the blog. What a bummer!

susan said...

I put my favorite salad recipe on my blog and also a couple things I did with mambi on the post before that. Sunshine is really cute!